Written by Kenoky
1 vs 1
A very fast hitting rush that will allow you to push your opponent with a lot of Plumed Spermen. Especially deadly versus fast fortress strategies as they will usually lack the means to counter them. Start sieging down their entire base !
This build order is also able to transition nicely. Opt for contain gameplan if your opponent is trying to contest your military in age 2. Transition into a semi Fast-Fortress if he turtles too well to be pushed.
- Hits hard, very fast, with a ton of siege damage
- Very flexible
- Can quickly transition thanks to a strong economy
- Sacrifices a bit of early boom potential
This build relies on a mechanic only native civilisation have access to : Big Buttons. Almost every building has his own, and by paying for them, you usually gain big advantages !
In this case, two big buttons are very interesting for us :
- the Kancha House one, Queen’s Festival, allow to ship 4 Villagers for 180 food, 180 wood and 180 coin
- the first Town Center one, Inca Scouting Party, allow to ship 5 Plumed Spearmen for 600 food
The first one will allow us to very quickly set up a strong economy, while the second one will provide us with a lot of early siege damage, a very interesting stat as most if not all fast fortress strategies relies on a Trading Post as well as very precise amount of Houses. Any distruption of those two things will vastly delay those strategies !
All the following variants will use this exact same opening
From there, we are going to adapt our strategy ! Game knowledge and/or scouting help a lot in making the right choice.
We are going to choose this option if our opponent is going for a naked FF. Very usual for Spain or China !
Age 2 follow up
- Send 600 wood followed by Chicha Brewing. As the wood arrive, gather it and build additionnal Kancha Houses
- Get 8 villagers on food, rest on wood
- Start training additional Plumed Spearmen once you have 4 Kancha Houses up
- Send 5 Plumed Spearmen, build a Market
- Send 6 Chimu Runners, swap your wood villagers but 3 on coin. Rally new villagers to coin, start training more Chimu Runners. Don’t be afraid to sell excess of food for coin if needed !
- Send 6 Jungle Bowmen, train a last batch of Chimu Runners
- Swap your coin villagers back to food and wood (around 8 on wood). Keep 3 villagers on coin. Start training batches of Plumed Spearmen or Jungle Bowmen depending on your needs
From there it’s up to you ! 700 coin allow to train more Chimu Runners quickly, 600 wood to build your last Kancha Houses and train more units afterward.