Written by Kenoky
Team Games, 1 vs 1
I love this Ottoman build order by Mitoe ! Very flexible, easy to execute, and incredibly effective ! The entire idea behind this build order is very simple : what if we slowed down a little ?
By doing so, this build order give Ottoman a competitive economy in the mid game. This economy translates into a much higher mass of very high quality units !
Translating very nicely into a deadly timing attack, you can also branch out towards a more boom oriented approach very nicely ! Try it ! Love It !
- Extremely versatile
- Extremely safe
- Good economy
- Good map control
- Easy to execute
- Not the most aggressive BO
- Slightly slower age up to Fortress Age
Mitoe deck might be a bit different ! However this deck will do just fine for the purpose of this build order.
The key component of this build order is the control of the Trading Post line. You must invest enough resources so you can take and keep control of it, but without investing too much to not slow you down.
Also as with any Ottoman build order, take care of your villagers and make sure they don’t die to raiding.
Appart from that, it’s a very simple build order to execute !
Mitoe used it yesterday during a tournament match, i highly suggest you to check it out !
- Gather your crates, build a Trading Post and a Mosque
- Chop 50 wood with 4 villagers to build an House, a treasure can speed up the process, before switching all villagers to food
- Send 3 Villagers
- Gather 800 food and age up with The Quartermaster, for 400 wood
- Swap all villagers on wood but 2 to herd nearby hunts
- Build your second Trading Post. Swap all villagers back on food but 5 on coin
- Send 5 Villagers
- Gather your wood crates, build a Barrack and your second House
- Send 700 coin and 700 wood. As the coin arrives, gather it and look for an age up with The Scout, for 4 Hussars
- Build a Market. In order, research Hunting Dogs (food), Steel Traps (food) and Placer Mines (coin)
- Start training constant Janisaries. Add Houses as needed
- Build your 3rd Trading Post.
- Towards the end of your transition, swap up to 10 villagers on coin. It will be needed to train Abus Gun
- Send 1000 wood
- Build an Artillery Foundry
- Research Stagecoach. Try to destroy your opponent Trading Posts before with your Janissaries and Hussars ! You are going to put Stagecoach income on coin
- Start training Abus Guns constantly. Send 1000 coin to sustain this production while getting your Janisary veterancy upgrade
- Send 5 Abus Guns, research your Abus Gun veterancy upgrade
- Push with your entire mass !
From there it’s really up to you ! Transition into a contain gameplan with multiple Town Centers behind it in order to boom, or keep pumping out units to close the game.